Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tragedy in our new home...

Not that any of you will find this surprising, but I have been really busy!!! I will post my conclusion to my story tomorrow...I PROMISE!!! You just won't believe it!
On a much more important note...we are safely nestled in our home for the night. However, we had a VERY close call last night. Around 10:30pm we were alerted of a tornado headed our way. We collected the kids an headed for the basement. Turns out, we were less than a mile from the path of an EF4 level tornado that ravaged our "little apple," Manhattan, Kansas. Just a few short weeks after arriving in Kansas, we nearly lost our house and all our belongings. Here are a few pictures of the horror we have witnessed today. We suffered a power loss from 11pm until around 5pm, and walked away with no damage. Please pray for those who lost everything in this terrible storm. I will let you know how you can help if you feel led in days to come.
What is left of our True Value Hardware store
The neighborhood beside ours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did you get a picture of my house on there? JK! Seriously though, I'm glad you are all safe! That is so scary! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO thankful that you are all safe!!!

 

avandia class action