Sunday, September 7, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn'
The taxis' waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die....



~John Denver




A little dramatic, I know. However, I must admit I am a little spoiled...so saying goodbye to my mister was harder than I would have thought. Jeremy will only be gone for the week, then it's home for three more before another trip...courtesy of Uncle Sam. Three years on an Air Force base, two years in training, and 4 months of settling has kept us out of the regular Army lifestyle. Not that Jeremy was home a great deal during out time in Georgia...but there is comforting familiarity when we hear the word "post" and go to bed listening to the light boom of artillery from the range.

I have a big week ahead of me, so I feel like our "Daddy" will be back before I can blink. I consulted the calendar and we have dentist visits for both Bek and me; I finish up one class and start another; Savannah is in preschool everyday; I start my new job this week; I have a stamping party scheduled for Thursday night; and then it's the weekend!

To get me back in the Army-wife mentality, and multi-tasking on my own, I have decided my motivational word for the week is:





For those of you who are not familiar with the word, I shall provide a definition...compliments of cavhooah.com:


"HOOAH!"
(who-a) adj. (slang used by soldiers) Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no".

1. What to say when at a loss for words.

2. Good copy, solid copy, Roger, good, great, Message received, understood.

3. Glad to meet you, welcome.

4. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. I haven't the vaguest idea.

5. I am not listening.

6. That's enough of your dribble...SIT DOWN!

7. Stop sniveling.

8. Oh, Lawd! You've got to be kidding!

9. Yes

10. Thank you.

11. Go to the next briefing slide.

12. You've taken the correct action.

13. I don't know what that means, and I'm too embarrassed to ask for clarification.

14. AMEN!

What's good for the gander can be implemented by the goose, right? We're back to real Army life again...so bring it on Uncle Sam! So, here's looking at a action packed, testosterone-free, seven days. I am full of anticipation as we embark on a week that is sure to be adventurous! Hooah!

No comments:

 

avandia class action