Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baby Mason Arrives

I know this is a long one...but how can you hold back the pics when you have so many wonderful ones?! Okay, so here is the run down. We decided to save our 2 week R&R (rest and relaxation) visit from Jeremy until 6 weeks after Mason was born. This would make his visit closer to the half-way mark. Plus, our visit would be less stress and provide more time to just enjoy being together and avoid the madness of childbirth. However, we arranged to have Jeremy participate in the delivery via webcam from Iraq.

I asked my precious friend and talented photographer to sit in on my c-section and photograph our delivery. I was worried that Jeremy may not have a good Internet connection to see baby Mason's big day, so I wanted to have pictures that would make up for his missing presence. Mom was there to video and support me. I was so blessed by the hospital staff. One of the nurses made it her job to just carry the laptop around so that Jeremy could see everything. I am so thankful that technology has become so advanced that with the click of a button and an Internet connection, my precious husband could see the birth of his child from a small metal building in the middle of the desert! I have posted the best of about 600 beautiful images for you to see our journey. God is so good! I am reminded so clearly that "My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:19

Meet our newest addition...Mason Todd Welch

Jeremy was online from the time I entered the operating room. He talked me through my spinal...
This is the first breath of air baby Mason took!
Dr. Priddle shows us our little man

7 lbs 11.5 oz of perfection







I love this one...like Father like son! Look at those lips!

Precious little hands

Precious little feet

Love at first sight

Mason decided the clip board was a foot stool! He had been screaming his little lungs out and then after propping his foot up, he was silent. It was hilarious! Jeremy's reaction was caught on camera!




His first footprints


Dressing to meet Daddy

Daddy was beaming with pride and love!

Why hello Daddy...nice to meet you.

This is my most favorite picture of all...bliss captured on camera.

Mommy meets her little man

I should add that my Momma is my hero! Her commitment to this endeavor has blessed my soul. She was my rock throughout...and I hope I can one day be a Momma to my kiddos like she is to me. I love you so much Momma!

He loves me so! No amount of miles could keep him from supporting me. I am the luckiest girl in the entire world!

No comments:

 

avandia class action