Monday, April 28, 2008

The Hostess with the Mostest!


This is a blonder me a couple of days ago! I have my parents visiting this week, all the way from Hutchinson, Kansas. No, they are not FROM Kansas, but rather...live in Kansas. Make no mistake people, we are from the promised land, God's country...TEXAS!

I spent Friday afternoon and Saturday morning scrambling to get my house cleaned and all traces of our plague sterilized. Then we went to pick up boxes in Salinas. It is a little known fact that one could quite possibly die while driving the streets of Salinas, California. That place is a crazy gangstuh's playground! And it's not like those good old Texas towns that might have a bad neighborhood. Oh no. In Salinas one street is great, and the next street you are in the hood in your minivan, sticking out like a sore thumb, hoping you are not approached by crazy street walkers, wishing you had a GPS to direct you to the house with 20 medium to large size boxes, while the kids sing melodies from Enchanted. Crazy times!

So Saturday, we (when I say we what I am really saying is Super Lindz and the kids) drove to San Jose to get Grandmommy and Papa. It was Grandmommy's 10th 42nd birthday. Weird, I know! So we had a most divine dinner on Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. The coconut crusted sole was super delicious, if I do say so myself!

Sunday, after worship, we (this time I mean Jerm, Mom, Dad, and myself) went golfing at Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course. Lovingly renamed the poor man's Pebble Beach, it was most amazing! I will post some pics for you to view later, in my "Highlights of Our Vistors' Trip" blog. I will have you know that I have never, no not ever, hit a golf club in my life before this day. I spanked that Pinnacle brand ball right down the middle of the fairway. Turns out...I love golf now that I know I can do it! So we ended the day with a delicious dinner at the Fishwife in PG (Pacific Grove).

Today, we had scheduled the 17 mile drive, but the weather apparently did not get the memo, so it was off to the Redwoods in Santa Cruz. Just for the record, you are required to wear outlandish clothing and might smoke illegal substances if you reside in the downtown Santa Cruz area. That place is a real live hippie town! I don't believe I have ever seen so many grown adults with skateboards in my life! I must say, the town is unique, and I do find that area very intriguing. However, it does stretch my comfort zone a bit!

Well, it's off to bed, for my sweetie pie Savannah Kay turns four tomorrow...well I guess today now! Ack! I really do have to get to bed! I just thought I would check in. Nightie night.

No comments:

 

avandia class action