Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Things

It is that bewitching hour when I surf the net after finishing up homework stuff. Well, I have been surfing for a while, but I have been listening to Gungor's "Beautiful Things" song.
I suppose it is one of those moments where I sit in the silence of my home and relax to the last few moments of my "day of rest" by woshipping to this tune.
Why is it that when we are sitting in the midst of chaos we feel so helplessly overwhelmed? Yesterday, I spent the entire morning cleaning out the garage and cleaning my house. I spent some time online via Skype with Jeremy. It was so great to see his face. Towards the end of our conversation, Bek pops Savannah Kay with a rubber band which causes a small melt-down. I had to address my almost-twelve-year-old for popping her only-six-year-old sister in the back with a rubber band. Being one to support retributive justice, I proceeded to pop Bekah back with the same rubber band. Now I had Bekah bawling, Savannah crying even harder because Mommy hurt Bekah, and now Mason was crying from the swing. Sheesh. All this chaos, and Jeremy was just watching the whole thing. Missing home now mister? These are the moments when a year of single parenting is beginning to take its toll. However, through all my failures and frustrations, He is able to make beautiful things out the dust. No need to feel so overwhelmed...He makes beautiful things...even out of us.

Funny how just a few words can spark such inspiration...

"All this pain

I wonder if I'll ever find my way

I wonder if my life could really change at all...

All this earth

Could all that is lost ever be found

Could a garden come up from this ground at all


You make beautiful things

You make beautiful things out the dust

You make beautiful things

You make beautiful things out of us


All around

Hope is springing up from this old ground

Out of chaos life is being found in You"

If you don't know this song, please tune in...


I hope this inspires you the way it does me.
By the way, I was standing at the welcome center before and after services this morning when one of our elders made a special effort to come to me and tell me how many positive things he had heard about the preschool. He wanted me to know that he knew how much time and effort I had put in and that everyone could see God's blessings through my obedience. What a blessing! Just that little effort encouraged me so! Out of chaos, life really is being found! Thank you God for making such beautiful things!

Have a worship filled week friends-

Photobucket

No comments:

 

avandia class action