Sunday, October 10, 2010

Teaching moments...



Don't you just love when you career seeps into what you do at home? I have heard rumors of marching military kids, but when I turn into Mrs. Lindsay at home it is rather strange. I guess if that is what it takes to keep order around here then it's okay, right?




Here are some examples of how I make the transformation:
  1. I find myself asking my kids, "What do you think will happen next?" when our television program goes to commercial.


  2. I give the teacher look and teacher voice to those kids that aren't kind to my kiddies at the playground


  3. I have as much fun doing art projects as my children do


  4. I find myself teaching my infant his colors in our books before he can even talk


  5. I ask, "What kind of choice do you think that was?"


  6. When a pop-tart flavor battle ensues you resolve it with "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."


  7. When shampooing hair with multiple kids in the tub you chant, "Switch it, change it, rearrange it!"


  8. You realize you are singing preschool music when you load the dishwasher and no one else is even listening to you!


  9. "Welch kids...eyes on me please."


  10. You dub one of your children "The Leader" and the other "The Helper."

But my favorite one of all...

You refer to yourself as "Mrs. Lindsay" accidentally but when you realize you have done it in public and your kids are acting like maniacs, you secretly hope no one knows these are really your kids!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh girl...I don't have kids yet, but I have once or twice found myself talking to my husband about whether it was a good choice or a bad choice. I think we need to have kids quick so I can transfer this over to them and it doesn't have a negative affect on our marriage! ;-)

Lindzelou said...

Jenny...you are too funny. I will admit that if my husband were ever home I might be guilty of the same behavior!

 

avandia class action