Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Business and Pleasure

This summer I had the opportunity to meet my continued education requirements by attending the Frog Street Press conference in Grapevine, Texas. For those readers that do not know what Frog Street Press is...this is the preschool literacy curriculum we use at the preschool I direct. I needed to fulfill 5 hours of continued education, so I decided to make the trek to Texas.

However, I would never have been able to do this trip were it not for my hero, my interim partner, my mentor, and my partner in crime...my precious Mother. Mason was just a couple of months old, and I would have had to figure out childcare arrangements for the girls. I begged Mom to come along, stay in the resort on "Grandmommy duty" and I would do the conference during the days and hang out with the fam during the nights.

The conference was held at the Gaylord Texan Resort. The resort had a summer theme...Alice in Wonderland. The kids loved it. The kids had balloons made from one of the card soldiers. We traveled down the 3-D Rabbit Hole. They met the Queen of Hearts at her magic puppet show. They had a choice of two different swimming pools. We had great food and great sights to see.

Mom had no idea the conference would be so much work. It's a good thing she loves us so much! Any other person would probably have quit on day one! Let's just say that all that togetherness had some tense moments. Thank you Mom for loving and SUPPORTING me the way you do. I hope I turn out to be half the Momma she is to me!

We decided to make the business trip a family affair and visit the extended family. We cruised through Lubbock to see the Kennedy's (both sets) and then scooted up to Amarillo where we loved on Nana and Pappy and the Welch's. It was so great to see everybody!

By the way, Mom and I are now certified packers. We can ratchet like a real man and we can fit 15,000 lbs of stuff into a 2x4 trunk and flat-bed. Well, we have made a few cross-country adventures to prepare us for this addition to our travel log. However, we had never made this sort of trip with a newborn. Momma, where shall we venture to next...the moon?

Pictures with the Mad Hatter and White Rabbit
Grandmommy is our FAVORITE! We love her so much!
Alice in Wonderland sand sculptures

We were late for a very important date!
With the flower...
Cousin Griffin holds baby Mason
The girls went to Aunt Sally Camp one night to play with their cousins...
Boys, you are the BEST!
Mam-maw ans Pampa with the "greats"
Mason - just chillin'
Grandpa John and Grandma Dorothy dropped by Nana's house
The Welch boys
Making memories with Grandpa John is so much fun!
Mr. Mike and Mrs. Joyce stopped by too!
Pappy and the little caddy
Nana and the girls played a game of Rummikub
Mason was worn out...what a trip!

No comments:

 

avandia class action