Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Day of School

The girls started school on August 20th this year. It was a Friday. I guess the thought is that a Friday first day is just enough time to meet your students and then have the weekend to re-arrange the seating chart before the first full week of school (spoken from a teacher's perspective). All I know is that the girls were to precious for words.
My little Bekah is now a big 6th grader! It seems like just yesterday she was starting kindergarten, and now she is officially a middle schooler. Fortunately, she attends a grade school, so the top dogs are the 8th graders. I can hardly believe she is closing the gap on the title of "teenager!"
Savannah Kay was thrilled to begin 1st grade. She is right at home in the crowd and loves being in the sea of friends at school. I suppose the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this instance. Although she is only six, she thinks she is just as big as Bek. Don't let the Barbie gown and "Baby" fool you. She is a big sister now!
Bekah had a nice ensemble of jeggings and a t-shirt. For those of you who are not aware of this latest fashion craze, jeggings are jean leggins...hence we have "jeggings." In our house they are "jeggins." She donned her gray Converse and a sweet headband.
Savannah Kay elected to dress very practically...for comfort. I let her pick her outfit. I know, I am making huge strides in the flexibility. However, there are some things that are non-negotiables...therefore, she is adorned in a bow. I have informed her that my child will wear a bow until 4th grade. You can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl. She was probably the only child wearing a bow. Oh well, at least I can pick her out of a crowd!



Hooray for the first day of school!

No comments:

 

avandia class action